Carrying on with painting the Arcadia Quest miniatures, I did the Hammer Beastman next.
|The miniatures were undercoated with grey|
|I always start with the biggest surface area, and for this miniature, it was the fur.
I wanted a very warm feeling to the miniature’s colour, so I started with a base coat of Scrag Brown, Mephiston Red and a little black.
|This was then heavily dry-brushed with Scrag Brown|
|The fur was given a wash of a heavily watered down version of the base coat|
|All other areas of the miniature were given a base coat:
|All non-fur portions of the model were then given a heavy wash with watered down black.|
Finally, the various areas were highlighted with their base colour, and the pupils in the eyes picked out in black.